Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
Worldwide, there are about 360 million people suffering from hearing issues, according to World Health Organization (WHO). Someone who cannot hear as good as people with normal hearing capabilities – hearing threshold of 25 dB or more in both the ears – is said to be suffering from hearing loss; can be mile, moderate, severe or profound.
Many studies and research say that loss of hearing may cause physical and psychological impacts. Hearing loss may happen suddenly or with time; whatever the case but it surely leaves the patients depressed and disconnected from the people surrounding them. Also, it is very frustrating to strain all the time trying to hear what others are saying.
Types of Hearing Loss
- Conductive Hearing Loss – This type of hearing loss is due to a blockage in the outer or middle ear. To help such patients, Hearing aids need to increase the loudness enough to pass through this blockage. The causes behind this can be allergies, Benign Tumours, Infection in the ear canal, ear infection and few others
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss in both ears – This is also referred to as ‘nerve deafness’. This is caused when there is damage to the inner ear or Cochlea, not the hearing nerve. Hearing Aids do make the sounds louder but if the patient is suffering from profound or sensorineural hearing loss in both the ears, the resulted sound from the hearing aid may sound distorted. Cochlear Implants are very effective for this condition. This can happen due to getting exposed to loud noise, ageing, malformation of the inner ear, tumours, virus or disease and few other reasons
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss in one ear – Also known as Single-sided Deafness (SSD), that is, profound hearing loss in one ear. This condition is quite common. In this, it is difficult to comprehend speech when there is background noise or judge the direction of the footsteps or a ringing of a telephone. The patients may be born with it or may get it later in life.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
Many people ignore or dismiss a hearing problem or try to live with it. But hearing issues worsen with time so it is extremely important to get timely treatment for this to avoid further loos of hearing. Below are some of the symptoms to keep a note about:
- Difficulty in hearing conversations, particularly when there is background noise
- Frequently asking others to repeat what they said
- Difficult in hearing during a telephonic conversation
- If the person prefers to listen TV or radio louder than others
- Difficulty in hearing sounds of nature like chirping of birds
- Reading lips to understand what people are talking
- Experiencing a continuous buzzing or ringing in the ears
About Cochlear Implant
The choice of treatment for hearing loss depends majorly on how severe the situation is or what type of hearing loss the patients are suffering from. There is no doubt that Hearing aids can surely help several such people suffering from mild to moderately severe hearing loss. These hearing aids help in enhancing their usual hearing and in understanding of speech in most of the situations. But if patients have conductive hearing loss or a severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss, then even the most powerful hearing aids may not serve as a solution. Thus, in such circumstances, an implantable solution can be a good choice.
A Cochlear implant is an electronic medical device, which work as the affected part of the inner ear also called as the Cochlea, in order to provide sound signals to the brain to enhance hearing. A Cochlear Implant is a recognized, very competent and long term solution for patients suffering from profound sensorineural hearing loss. This electronic device is surgically implanted, thus it bypasses the damaged part of the ear and directly stimulates hearing nerve; whereas hearing aids simply magnify sound, but Cochlear Implants convert sound waves to electrical impulses owing to which the hearing is much more enhanced and clearer. Get in touch with us to book cochlear implants surgery in India with the Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in India. Contact us to know about the cochlear implant hearing aid cost in India.
Who are the Candidates?
The Cochlear Implant technology can help people who:
- are suffering from moderate to profound loss of hearing in both the ears
- do not or have not benefitted from hearing aids
- have scored 50 percent or below in sentence recognition tests that are done by hearing professionals, in the ear which require the implants
- have scored 60 percent or less in sentence recognition tests, which are done by hearing professionals in the non-implanted ear or in both the ears having hearing aids.
There are many people, who have Cochlear devices in both their ears (bilateral). It is beneficial because listening with both the ears surely can improve the ability to identify the direction of a sound. Book affordable cochlear implant surgery cost in India at the Best Cochlear Implant Hospitals in India.
Top Surgeons and Hospitals for Cochlear Implant Surgery in India
Cochlear implant is an established, long-term and effective hearing solution for people with moderate to profound hearing loss. India is one of the places where hearing impairment surgery is available at affordable rates. Since last few years a lot of changes have been adapted by the Top Cochlear Implant Hospitals in India, making it one of the finest go to places for hearing aids in India. Though every surgery has risks, the risk rates can be reduced by extensive care and good facilities provided by the hospitals. Best Cochlear Implant Surgeon in India are working in order to get the low cost hearing aids across the globe.
List of 10 Best Cochlear Implant Surgeon in India
- Dr. S K Anand
- Dr. KK Handa
- Dr. Jayant P Gandhi
- Dr. Sushil M Makharia
- Dr. WVBS Ramalingam
- Dr. Samir Bhobe
- Dr. R K Jasuja
- Dr. Milind M Navalakhe
- Dr. Nagendra Mahendra
- Dr. Anil J Karadkar
List of Top 10 Cochlear Implant Hospital in India
- W Pratiksha Hospital, Gurgaon
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Nanavati Hospital, Vile Parle
- Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi
- Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
- Global Hospital, Mumbai
- Yashoda Hospitals, Malakpet
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund
Go to the Enquiry Form
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Before the procedure
There are some tests required to be done on the patient to verify if the implant is suitable or not.
- Evaluation of the inner, middle and outer area of the ear to check for any infection or any abnormality
- Several hearing tests
- Should have an intact hearing nerve
- A trial of a hearing aid may also be done
- CT (Computerized Tomography) Scan – this is done to find out if the Cochlea has a normal shape. Also, if the patient had suffered from Meningitis ever, then to check if there is new bone growth that may be an obstacle for the implant
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) Scan
- Psychological evaluation to examine if the patient will be able to cope with the implant
- Physical examination for general anaesthesia
How does it work?
The Cochlear Implant enables the sound to get transferred to the patient’s hearing nerve and enables him/her to hear without any hassles or strain. The device has two parts – the first part is the receiver or the stimulator that is placed under the skin through surgery and the second part is the speech processor, which the patient wears behind the ear. Fill up the consultation form to book low Cost Best Cochlear Implant Surgery at Top Hospitals in India. Schedule a quick appointment with the Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in Mumbai for affordable cochlear implant cost in Mumbai.
The procedure is done under general anaesthesia. During the procedure, the surgeon places the receiver under the patient’s skin by making a small incision. This receiver is connected to electrodes which are placed in the Cochlea. The procedure takes an hour or two and usually, the patient can go home the same day. Mostly, after one or two weeks after the procedure, the doctor will fit the speech processor. This gap is crucial because it gives time to the incision to get healed completely. This speech processor is a microphone, the patient wears this behind the ear and it looks like a hearing aid. Depending on the patient’ age and lifestyle, the patient can wear this somewhere else as well. When there are any sounds around the patient, the microphone and the processor pick these sounds and turn them into electrical impulses. The transmitter then sends these signals to the receiver placed under the patient’s skin. Then the receiver conveys about the signals to the electrodes in the Cochlea, which further stimulate the hearing nerve. This nerve then takes these signals to the brain and then the patient recognizes these as sounds. Request your appointment for Cochlear implant surgery Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai by getting in touch with us.
Cities where top and world renowned Cochlear Implant Surgery hospitals and clinics situated are :
|RANKED AS THE BEST MEDICAL TRAVEL PROVIDER FOR PATIENTS FROM AFRICA BY THE AFRICAN TOURISM ASSOCIATION|
|WE HAVE PRESENCE ACROSS THE WHOLE AFRICAN SUB CONTINENT WITH TELEMEDICINE TIE UPS AND POST OPERATIVE SUPPORT SYSTEM|
|OUR MEDICAL TEAMS VISITS VARIOUS AFRICAN COUNTRIES EVERY 3 MONTHS. PATIENTS ARE INVITED FOR CLINICS AND CONSULTATIONS|
Benefits of Cochlear Implant Surgery
Loss of hearing can majorly impact a person’s daily life and restrict that person from enjoying the precious moments. So it is extremely crucial for such people to get help. Cochlear Implants have proved to be advantageous for several patients of hearing loss. To know the cochlear implant cost in Chennai with the Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in Chennai contact us here.These patients report that they:
- Hear better with the usage of a Cochlear Implant than a hearing aid
- Studies show that people using a Cochlear Implant achieve an average of 80 percent sentence understanding as compared to 10 percent sentence understanding by using hearing aids
- Are able to focus better when they are in noisy environments
- Find it more comfortable to converse with people in crowded places, across meeting tables and other such circumstances
- Feel safer as they can be alerted by people calling them or about approaching vehicles
- Easily handle telephonic conversations
- Enjoy their favourite music
Factors that can affect these benefits
Undeniably, patients with hearing loss benefit from these Cochlear Implants but the advantages of these implants vary from person to person. There are some factors, which may influence the outcomes of these implants. These variations depend on:
- The duration of their hearing loss before they received a Cochlear Implant
- The severity of their hearing loss
- The condition of their cochlea that is the inner ear
- Other medical conditions existing in their body
- How much they practice using their Cochlear Implant system, in their daily life
American Patient Ms. Julie Miller sharing her Mother’s (Mrs. Sandra Miller) Cochlear Implant Surgery Experience in India
Ms. Julie Miller with her Mother (Mrs. Sandra Miller) from America
I am writing here to share my experience with Tour2India4Health. For quiet many months, I was looking all across for a perfect cochlear implant surgery for my mother. She was suffering from hearing disorder from past one year and was using the external electronic device used to support the hearing capacity. But with age, it was becoming difficult for her to manage the device. One fine morning while working over the web I saw an advertisement pop up of a medical tourism company in India dealing into cochlear implant surgery. I wanted to connect but was afraid also because my mother was to be treated. Finally, I made up my mind to give a try. As it is, I did not know any such doctor and was not even getting any reference from anywhere. When I accompanied my mother to the hospital for the surgery, everything was so wonderful. The hospital was clean and spotless, the staff was polite and friendly and the now the doctor who actually did the implant surgery was a true genius both as a doctor and as a person. He was one of the best surgeons of Tour2India4Helath who have successfully treated many patients and have accomplished true blessings and wishes from many. The cost was also very low.
Cochlear Implants Surgery Cost Comparisons: India VS Other Countries (USA, UK, Thailand, & Singapore)
India is the most preferable destination for patients who are looking for low cost Cochlear Implants Surgery. The cost of the Cochlear Implants Surgery in India is typically a fraction of the cost for the same procedure and care in the US and other developed countries. Comparing Cochlear Implants Surgery cost in India with the same treatment procedure in other countries, the price for surgery would be 30-50% lower.
The average cost of Cochlear Implants Surgery in India approximately Rs. 9,60,000 ($12,000) to 12,80,000 ($16,000). The cost can vary depending on the type of surgery required and other medical conditions of a patient.
The costs of the Cochlear Implants Surgery based on the type of the surgery required in various countries in the chart / table are given below. The price comparison is given in USD.
|Cost of Cochlear Implants Surgery||$85,000||$70,000||$14,500||$18,500||$22,000|
*The price for the Cochlear Implants Surgery is an average collected from the 15 best corporate hospitals and 10 Top ENT surgeons of India.
*The final prices offered to the patients is based on their medical reports and is dependent on the current medical condition of the patient, type of room, type of surgery, hospital brand and the surgeon's expertise.
We have worked out special packages of the Cochlear Implants Surgery for our Indian and International patients. You can send us your medical reports to avail the benefits of these special packages.
You would be provided with 3 TOP RECOMMENDED SURGEONS / HOSPITALS FOR YOUR COCHLEAR IMPLANTS SURGERY in IndiaCLICK HERE
How many International patients came to India for Cochlear Implants Surgery?
The list of TOP 15 countries from where the Cochlear Implants Surgery Patients travelling to India are given below. The major reason of large number of patients travelling to India for medical treatment from these countries is because of availability of quality healthcare in India, affordable prices and very good air connectivity, tourism options and many more reasons.
The maximum number of patients for Cochlear Implants Surgery come from – USA, UK, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan.
Here are the approximate percentage wise distributions of the patients coming from Top 10 countries to India for Cochlear Implants Surgery.
- You can contact us and share your medical reports with us.
- Our International Patient Executive would connect with you and answer all that you need to plan your Cochlear Implants Surgery in India.
- We would provide you with TOP RECOMMENDATIONS and assist your with the surgery planning.
Why opt for India for getting this implant surgery done?
Today, India is respected worldwide for the amount of progress that has taken place in India’s healthcare sector. India is a very promising option and is a one destination answer for every kind of medical condition. Worldwide, there are several nations which are not equipped enough when it comes to their healthcare system. But in India, there is ample availability of the most advanced medical amenities, be it any medical condition. India can proudly boast about having numerous and some of the world’s preeminent doctors and surgeons, who have been catering to worldwide patients very efficiently. Further, the chain of multi-specialty hospitals of India are totally equipped with the most modern amenities and have made the treatment process extremely feasible and cost effective for innumerable people across the globe, which is not really possible in their own countries. Thus, for such patients India has emerged as a massively promising option as a treatment destination. Book an instant appointment with the Doctors for Cochlear Implant in Mumbai providing low cost cochlear implant cost in Mumbai. Get affordable cochlear implant cost in Delhi with the Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in Delhi by sending us your query here. Know the cochlear implant cost in Bangalore by filling up the form given on the website.
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
Click icon to Download Document
Go to the Enquiry Form
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Our Blog Posts
Our Patient's Experiences
Cochlear Implants Surgery in India, Affordable Cochlear Implant Surgery Cost in India, Hearing Aid Cost in India, Best Cochlear Implant Hospitals in India, Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in India, affordable Cochlear Implant Surgery Hospital in India, Cochlear Implant Surgery Delhi Bangalore Mumbai, Cochlear Implant Cost in Mumbai, Affordable Cochlear Implant Cost in Delhi, Cochlear Implant Cost in Chennai, Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in Delhi, Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in Mumbai, Cochlear Implant Cost in Bangalore, Doctors for Cochlear Implant in Mumbai, Best Cochlear Implantation Surgeon in Chennai, top Cochlear Implant Surgery Hospital in India