Low Cost Knee Replacement Surgery in India
Plan your Knee Replacement Surgery in India with Tour2India4Health Consultants
The knee replacement surgery can help to relieve the pain and restore the function in severely diseased knee joints. Tour2India4Health is #1 Medical Travel Partner providing the best Knee Replacement Surgery at affordable costs. All you have to do is send us your query, an assistant will contact you within 24 hours for interaction. The rest will be taken care of, so you only have to sit back and relax!
How things function at Tour2India4Health Group:
- Primary formalities - Arranging visas, accommodation, appointment with top knee surgeon by Tour2India4Health Team.
- Professionalism - Utmost care taken in selecting best suitable surgery by best of the medical fraternity, ensuring fast recovery.
- No compromising with the best - Treatment by Internationally Accredited Surgeons.
- Special packages -What is the knee replacement surgery cost in India? We offer Knee Replacement Surgery treatment options that suit your budget so you don't have to put your health at stake.
- Surgical services - Arrangement of transportation, pre-surgery tests, medications, stay options for kin, health food as prescribed by attending doctors.
- Other vital services - Quick visa letter, flight ticket bookings, languagtors, foreign exchange facility, hotel arrangement.
International Patient Experience
Mrs. Babarinde, Nigeria
Total Knee Replacement Surgery
I was suffering from severe knee pain, making my life difficult with every passing day. We came across a medical value provider in India - Tour2India4health, which arranged mine surgery in a top Delhi hospital.. My pain has now vanished and I feel healthy as a horse, Thanks to the hospital team, and foremost, to Tour2India4Health
What is Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery also known as knee arthroplasty is procedure to replace the weight-bearing surfaces of the knee joint to relieve the pain and disability of osteoarthritis. It may be performed for other knee diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. The procedure has been proven to help individuals return back to moderately challenging activities such as golf, bicycling, and swimming. Total knees are not designed for jogging, or sports like tennis and skiing (although there certainly are people with total knee replacements that participate in such sports). Knee replacement is a routine surgery performed on over 600,000 people worldwide each year. Over 90% of people who have had Total Knee Replacement experience an improvement in knee pain and function.
When should I have this type of surgery?
A person would be considered a candidate for knee replacement if there is:
- Daily pain
- The pain is severe enough to restrict work, recreation and ordinary activities of daily living
- Significant stiffness in the knee
- Significant instability (constant giving way) of the knee
- Significant deformity (knock-knees or bow-legs) that hinders normal function of the knee
- Damage from arthritic conditions, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or post-traumatic arthritis
How successful is the Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is recognized as a miracle of modern surgery. Most orthopedic experts consider replacement to be the best method of handling arthritis in the knee. Knee replacements have literally put hundreds and thousands of Americans back on their feet and allowed them to enjoy their golden years.
Best Hospitals for Knee Replacement Surgery in India
The best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in India have a world class and patient friendly infrastructure with the national and international certifications and accreditations. The hospitals have highly sophisticated and advanced technology which helps using the minimally invasive techniques that helps in lesser pain, lesser blood loss and reduced risks of infection, better surgery outcomes and faster recovery. The top Knee replacement surgery hospitals in India are located at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Nagour, Chennai, Bangalore, Noida, Gurgaon, Hyderabad,etc. The best knee replacement surgeons in India are highly skilled and have a vast experience of working with the best hospitals across the world and many of them have been trained at some of the finest medical institutions across the world.
How can you prepare yourself before Knee Replacement Surgery?
- If you smoke, cut down or quit. Smoking changes blood flow patterns, delays healing and slows recovery.
- If you drink, don't have any alcohol for at least 48 hours before surgery.
- Ask your doctor for pre-surgical exercises. If you are having hip or knee replacement surgery, doing exercises to strengthen your upper body will help you cope with crutches or a walker after surgery.
- Your primary care physician or an internist will conduct a general medical evaluation several weeks before surgery. This examination will assess your health and your risk for anesthesia. The results of this examination should be forwarded to your orthopedic surgeon, along with a surgical clearance.
- Shortly before your scheduled surgery, you will probably have an orthopedic examination to review the procedure and answer any last-minute questions.
- You may need to take several types of tests, including blood tests, a cardiogram, a urine sample and a chest X-ray.
- Advice your surgeon of any medical conditions you have and of all the medications you are taking. You may need to stop taking certain medications or your surgeon may recommend substitute medications until your surgery. Medications such as corticosteroids, insulin or anti-coagulants will need to be managed before and after surgery.
What are different types of Knee Replacement Surgery?
Total Knee Replacement:
Total knee replacement removes all weight-bearing, damaged knee cartilage and bone and replaces it with a man-made metal or plastic prosthetic joint that mechanically replicates the knee function. In total knee replacement, a highly polished strong metal alloy replaces the femur portion of the knee joint; a strong durable polymer tray replaces the tibia portion of the joint, and more plastic replaces the kneecap or patella. Surgery usually takes 1 1/2 to three hours.
Partial Knee Replacement:
Partial knee replacement, or uni compartmental knee replacement, is the choice if only one part or compartment of your knee is severely damaged and requires replacement rather than the entire joint. An implant for either the femur portion, tibia portion or patella portion is surgically inserted through a smaller incision. If two or more compartments of the knee are damaged, the partial knee replacement may not be the best treatment choice. Hospital stays are generally shorter--perhaps even overnight.
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement:
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement IndiaNewer minimally invasive knee replacement, or MIS, uses specialized surgical techniques that allow a 3- to 5-inch incision rather than the standard 8- to 12-inch incision. The smaller incision provides for recovery with potentially less scar tissue formation, less pain, and a faster healing period. Hospital stays are from one to three days.
Revision Knee Replacement:
Revision knee replacement is for removing and replacing a prosthetic knee joint that is worn out or that has failed. Revision knee replacement surgery can be repeated multiple times, but scar tissue formation from previous knee surgeries can make the procedure increasingly difficult with each replacement event.
Computer Assisted Surgery:
Knee replacement using computer assisted surgery, or CAS, is a computer-driven technology that uses computer guided imagery during surgery. The computer aids the alignment of the knee components during the surgical procedure and renders the alignment more accurate. The high level of accuracy may increase the longevity of the total knee replacement.
Bilateral Knee Replacement:
For those who have both knees equally affected by cartilage damage and decreased mobility, bilateral knee replacement is an option. Both knees undergo any of the above mentioned knee replacement type surgeries at the same time.
Go to the Enquiry Form
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
What care is given by hospital after Knee Replacement Surgery?
Usually the first day after knee replacement surgery, you'll begin to work with a physical therapist who will teach you exercise to regain full leg and knee movement.
- During your hospital stay, you'll attend physical therapy one to two times a day. An occupational therapist and nurse discharge planner will help you prepare for your return home.
- Your doctor may recommend a continuous passive motion (CPM) machine that bends and straightens your knee.
- You may be given special elastic stockings to reduce swelling. An anticoagulant medication, such as lovenox, also may be administered to help circulation and prevent blood clots.
What is the time required to recover after Knee Replacement Surgery?
- Recovery varies with each person. You will use a walker for approximately 4 weeks after the operation. You can drive a car in 2-4 weeks.
- Most people gradually increase their activities and may play golf, doubles tennis, shuffleboard, or bowl in 12 weeks. More active sports, such as singles tennis and jogging are not recommended.
- After discharge, there is usually no need for a nursing home. Some patients who live alone may require a short stay at a rehab center for a few days after they leave the hospital. This will depend on how you progress in the hospital, and keep in mind that healing and recovery times vary with each person.
What follow-up is required after Knee Replacement Surgery?
During the first year after surgery, routine follow-up visits are scheduled with your orthopedic surgeon at three weeks, six weeks, three months, six months and 12 months. You'll be asked to return for annual visits to assess the status and function of your implant.
How to increase the life expectancy after Knee Replacement Surgery?
Following things affect the longevity and success of your knee replacement:
- Avoiding repetitive heavy lifting
- Avoiding excessive stair climbing
- Maintaining appropriate weight
- Staying healthy and active
- Avoiding "impact loading" sports such as jogging, downhill skiing and high impact aerobics
- Consulting your surgeon before beginning any new sport or activity
- Thinking before you move
- Avoiding any physical activities involving quick stop-start motion, twisting or impact stresses
- Avoiding excessive bending when weight bearing, like climbing steep stairs
- Not lifting or pushing heavy objects
- Not kneeling
- Avoiding low seating surfaces and chairs
What are the benefits of Knee Replacement Surgery?
After knee replacement surgery patient is relieved of the pain he/she associated with the knee. Some of the benefits of Knee replacement surgery are:
When arthritic joint surfaces are re-surfaced as in the case of a knee replacement; implants made of a combination of metal and high density polyethylene plastic are fixed onto the prepared surfaces. Since the original, arthritis-laden joint surfaces have been removed and replaced with metallic and plastic materials, the original joint pain, caused by the exposed bone, no longer exists. This gives the patient a considerable reduction or even elimination of pain.
When the joint anatomy is rough and irregular secondary to advanced arthritis, the ability of the joint to move smoothly is limited. Frequently, overall range of motion can be severely limited due to joint surface irregularity as well as the presence of excessive fluid production. Total knee replacement can largely restore range of motion.
Improved Quality of Life:
When a person is no longer burdened by chronic, debilitating pain and joint motion has been vastly improved, the quality of life is improved as well. Most patients visiting a surgeon's office for consideration of a knee joint replacement have endured longstanding pain and functional impairment. A successful joint replacement can return the patient to leading a normal life.
What are the major risks after Knee Replacement Surgery?
As with all major surgical procedures, complications can occur. Some of the most common risks following knee replacement surgery are:
What could be the alternatives to Knee Replacement Surgery?
The following are the alternatives to Knee replacement surgery.
- Specialized Braces
- Cartilage Transplantation
- Uni-compartmental arthroplasty
- Arthrodesis or Knee Fusion
Why choose Knee Replacement Surgery India?
Due to the high costs of knee replacement surgery in the United States, the waiting lists in the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada and the lack of high tech medical procedures in many third world countries, medical tourism is expected to blossom into a ten billion dollar business world-wide. Recognizing this trend Indian government, large corporations, hospitals, and doctors are flooding the Indian medical tourism market with choices, and prices are dropping.
India boasts volumes of its excellently maintained healthcare providers by stringent government controls on the policies for control of promotion and advertisement, thus not visible much in news papers, magazines and electronic media. But certainly as good as other regional healthcare providers like Singapore and Thailand.
India is as competitive as Singapore in the quality of healthcare, through it world class facilities of hospitals and clinics, latest machines in healthcare and more over world class best knee replacement surgeons and doctors that it has more in number then any regional healthcare providers.
Knee replacement surgery in India is available in following cities:
Australian Patient Mr. Mark Popov sharing his Knee Replacement Surgery Experience in India
Mr. Mark Popov from Australia
Tour2India4Health is a commendable group with a team of professional, knowledgeable and skilled surgeons and nurses. The entire team was impressive and they took all the required measures for enhanced convenience, comfort and safety during my visit to India for the knee replacement surgery. The result of the knee replacement surgery in India was incredible, patient care was exceptional and price was nominal.
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost Comparisons: Other Countries (USA, UK, Thailand, & Singapore) VS India
India is the most preferable destination for patients who are looking for low cost knee replacement surgery. The cost of the knee Replacement Surgery in India is typically a fraction of the cost for the same procedure and care in the US and other developed countries. The cost can vary depending on surgery required, implant use, surgical expertise of the surgeon and other medical conditions of a patient.
The costs of the Knee Replacement Surgery based on the type of surgery required in various countries in the chart / table are given below. The price comparison is given in USD.
|Type of Knee Replacement Surgery||USA||UK||India||Thailand||Singapore|
|Total Knee Replacement Surgery||$50,000||$40,000||$4,000||$5,000||$6,000|
|Partial Knee Replacement Surgery||$45,000||$35,000||$4,200||$5,500||$6,500|
|Bilateral Knee Replacement Surgery||$35,000||$25,000||$7,500||$9,000||$11,500|
|Minimal Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery||$22,000||$18,500||$5,500||$6,600||$8,500|
|Revision Knee Replacement Surgery||$20,000||$16,000||$6,000||$7,500||$9,000|
*The price for the Knee Replacement Surgery is an average collected from the 15 best corporate hospitals and 10 Top Orthopedic surgeons of India.
*The final prices offered to the patients is based on their medical reports and is dependent on the current medical condition of the patient, type of room, type of surgery, hospital brand and the surgeon's expertise.
We have worked out special packages of the Knee Replacement Surgery for our Indian and International patients. You can send us your medical reports to avail the benefits of these special packages.
You would be provided with 3 TOP RECOMMENDED SURGEONS / HOSPITALS FOR YOUR KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY in India.CLICK HERE
How many International Knee Replacement Surgery patients came to India?
The major reason of large number of patients travelling to India for knee replacement surgery from these countries is because of availability of best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in India, low prices of the surgery, strategic connectivity, no language barrier, tourism options and many other reasons.
The list of TOP 15 countries from where the Knee Replacement Surgery patients travelled to India is given below. The maximum number of patients for Knee Replacement Surgery come from – USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Afghanistan, Oman, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kenya, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia.
Here are the approximate percentage wise distributions of the patients coming from Top 15 countries to India in 2017 for Knee Replacement Surgery.
- You can contact us and share your medical reports with us.
- Our International Patient Executive would connect with you and answer all that you need to plan your Knee Replacement Surgery in India.
- We would provide you with TOP RECOMMENDATIONS and assist your with the surgery planning.
Why plan Knee Replacement Surgery in India with Tour2india4health Group?
Tour2india4health Group is one of the leading medical value provider companies in India providing knee replacement surgery in India. You just have to send us a query regarding knee replacement surgery and within 24 hours an assistant will contact you for further details and interaction. From that point everything will be taken care of by that assistant, like arranging VISA, accommodation, appointment with the doctor with round the clock services to make your medical tour hassle free. We provide well qualified and professional doctors, surgeons, physicians, and medical staff who aid you in recovery from your ailment and ensure a safe and healthy journey back home.
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
What is the secret of the low cost of Knee Replacement Surgery in India?
The cost of living in India and the currency rate as compared to the West, are low. India also leads in offering treatment for all medical conditions, making them low cost and reliable.
How much bend can I get in the knees post-operatively?
Post surgery, a physician will train you to regain full leg & knee movement. Regaining full bend after a knee replacement surgery depends on the extent of treatment and patient’s commitment to follow exercises.
Can I place a pillow under my knee to keep it bent and make it more comfortable?
Keeping a pillow under your knee can be of great help as it helps adjust the bone structure and also adds to comfort post a knee surgery.
What activities can I participate in after recovery?
You can drive a car in 2-4 weeks. Many people gradually increase their activities and play golf, doubles tennis, shuffleboard, or bowl in 12 weeks.
How long does the replaced knee last?
The longevity of your new knee depends upon the treatment and precautions you take before going for any stressful activity like jogging, lifting heavy articles etc.
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
Click icon to Download Document
Go to the Enquiry Form
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Our Country Specific Services
- Surgery For Kenya Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Nigerians Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Tanzanian Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Ethiopian Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Congolese Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Australian Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For New Zealand Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Canada Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Bangladeshi Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Nepal Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Afghanistan Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Uzbekistan Patients Please Click Here
Our Blog Posts
Our Patient's Experiences
knee replacement surgery in india cost, knee surgery in india, knee surgery benefits india, knee surgery in india cost, best knee replacement surgery in india, cost of arthroscopic knee surgery in india, knock knee surgery cost in india, knee ligament surgery cost in india, success rate of knee replacement surgery in india, knee keyhole surgery cost in india, knee transplant surgery cost in india, minimally invasive knee surgery in india, ligament tear in knee surgery cost in india, knee dislocation surgery cost in india, knee joint replacement surgery in india, arthroscopic knee surgery in india, hto knee surgery in india, knee surgery cost in mumbai, cost of knee surgery in Delhi, knee surgery in bangalore cost.