Hip Replacement Surgery in India at Affordable Costs
Plan your Hip Replacement Surgery in India with Tour2India4Health Consultants
India has an ancient history of giving rise to some of the biggest ground-breaking scientific innovations, world’s first surgery being performed by Sushruta in 600 B.C. The legacy has continued and we today are proud of our impeccable advancement in medical field. Surgeons and other medical practitioners in India stand #1 in their respective field. Our hospitals have state-of-art equipment that increase success rate of treatments. Tour2India4Health is a medium to make these immaculate services accessible to patients from any corner of the world. We offer low cost hip replacement surgery at the best hospitals in India.
How things function at Tour2India4Health Group:
- Top 10 hospitals in India: Receive flawless treatment by the best medical practitioners
- Veteran surgeons: India has a wide array of #1 surgeons, highly experienced with maximum guarantee of 100% positive results.
- Successful record: Surgery history is not new to India, and we have successfully performed over 1000s of surgeries in the modern times.
- Low costs: The hip replacement surgery cost and overall medical stay in India is barely 25% of what you may need to incur in western countries.
- Endless benefits: The benefits of undergoing a surgery in India are endless, with nearly 0% rate of side-effects.
- Mini vacation: India has a mystic quality of mesmerizing its visitors. You may wish for your fast treatment and recovery to get back on your feet for a vacation in the world’s #1 country with oldest cultural heritage and history.
International Patient Experience
Mr. Friday, Nigeria
Total Hip Replacement Surgery
Hello! I am Mr. Friday from Nigeria. I was suffering from a hip fracture. My brother Uche searched for good options of hip replacement but Nigeria lacked in good doctors and quality medical facilities. Our local doctors recommended Tour2india4health Company in India. We contacted the team and followed the procedure of Tour2india4health Company, and reached India soon after. Tour2India4Health had taken care of the medical visa for me and my brother. I was given the best orthopedic surgery hospital in India. After a stay of additional 3 days I felt good and my hip pain was gone completely. Thanks to the Indian medical team and Tour2india4health for assisting and supporting my total hip replacement surgery in India and making it a success.
The modern Hip Replacement (also known as Hip Arthroplasty) was invented in 1962 by Sir John Charnley, The arthritic femoral head (i.e., the femoral head) is removed, and replaced with a metal ball. The ball has a metal stem, which is anchored, into the hollow space inside the femur bone with bone cement. The worn out socket is replaced with a plastic socket.
What is Hip Replacement Surgery?
Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant. Hip pain is caused by osteoarthritis, fracture, rheumatoid arthritis, and aseptic bone necrosis. Sometimes these conditions improve, but there is no cure for joint pain and severe cases cannot always be controlled by medication and rehabilitation. When this happens, some patients have difficulty in walking and the impaired movement hinders everyday activities. These patients sometimes opt for hip replacement surgery. This entails removal of the damaged hip and replacement with prosthesis. The prosthetic hip is usually made of a combination of metal and plastic.
Who should consider themselves as a good candidate for Hip Replacement Surgery?
The most common disease which leads to hip replacement is arthritis in the hip joint. A type of arthritis which comes with aging is degenerative arthritis or osteoarthritis. In order to be considered for hip replacement surgery, patients must meet certain criteria. An orthopaedic surgeon must be able to see damage to cartilage surrounding the joint area. In addition, other indications for hip replacement surgery may include but are not limited to,
- Chronic pain in the joints
- Little or no relief from pain medications
- Problem in day to day activities like walking, climbing stairs, etc.
- Pain during rising from a sitting position
- Having to stop activities because you are in too much pain
Who is not a good candidate for Hip Replacement Surgery?
Hip Replacement candidates should be aware that some factors might prevent them from having hip replacement surgery. These factors are as follows :
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure,
- Poor overall health,
- Disabling heart diseases,
- Urinary Infection,
- Infection from the implant material etc.
What are the best hospitals for hip replacement surgery in India?
The best hospitals for hip replacement surgery in India offers the cutting edge diagnostic methods and advanced technology supported by the treatment options for the bone related problems.
The top hip replacement surgery hospitals in India are located at Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Kochi, Goa, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Noida, Nagpur, Kerala, etc.
Our hip replacement surgeons in India are highly qualified and have a vast experience in performing the hip replacement surgery. Our collaboration with the highly efficient and experienced team of doctors provides highest quality medical treatments and excellent care to our patients.
Find the List of Top 10 Hip Replacement Surgery Hospitals in India
- Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Gurgaon
- Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai
- Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Apollo Spectra Hospital, Chennai
- Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Bangalore
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Rela Institute and Medical Centre, Chennai
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, India
Find the List of Top 10 Hip Surgeons in India
- Dr. Vijay C. Bose
- Dr. Ameet Pispati
- Dr. Kaushal Malhan
- Dr. Sanjay Sarup
- Dr. Shekhar Bhojraj
- Dr. Ashok Rajgopal
- Dr. Harshwardhan Hegde
- Dr. Haresh Manglani
- Dr. IPS Oberoi
- Dr. Manoj Miglani
How is the Diagnosis for Hip Replacement done?
A complete history and physical examination allows the physician to determine any correlation between symptoms of pain with past history and demands that have been placed upon the hip. The physician will inquire about experiencing episodes of trauma or instability, and examine the ligaments and hip alignment. The doctor may also order one or more specialized tests, depending on the known or suspected causes of the pain.
- Aspiration: Removing a small amount of fluid from the affected hip joint may be required to rule out systemic arthritis (such as Rheumatoid Arthritis) or infection in the hip if there is reason to believe that other conditions are contributing to the degenerative process.
- Arthrogram: An arthrogram is a special type of x-ray in which a contrast dye is injected into the hip to outline the cavity surrounding the joint.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): An MRI uses a large magnet, radio waves, and a computer to generate images of the head and back. It is helpful in diagnosing avascular necrosis.
- Computed Tomography Scan: A CAT scan is another specialized type of x ray that uses computers to generate three-dimensional images of the hip joint. It is most often used to know the severity of avascular necrosis and to obtain a more accurate picture of the joints.
- Bone Densitometry Test: This test measures the density or strength of the patient's bones. It does not require injections This test is most often given to patients at risk of osteoporosis or other disorders that affect bone density.
What are the types of Hip Replacement Surgery?
Following are the various types of Hip Replacement Surgeries :
- Total Hip Replacement
- Partial Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
- Double Hip Replacement
- Revision Hip Replacement
An orthopaedic surgeon (a physician who specializes in joint and bone problems) will advise you about which treatment is right for you based on your specific case history.
Total Hip Replacement Surgery :
Total Hip Replacement surgery has become a common procedure to alleviate pain and debilitation caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fractures, dislocations, congenital deformities, and other hip related problems. The immediate benefits of this operation are great. After 4 months, in most uncomplicated cases, a patient is relatively pain-free, has full mobility of the hip, and can walk with a minimal or no limp.
Partial Hip Replacement Surgery:
In a partial hip replacement surgery, the hip socket is usually left intact. The head of the femur bone is replaced with an artificial component similar to that used in a total hip replacement. Doctors recommend partial replacement in cases where only the femur head is broken or destroyed. Before deciding on partial hip replacement, doctors mау resort to οthеr tactics like pain-alleviating medication, injecting anti-inflammatory agents and steroids, physical therapy and strength training, installing hip braces etc. Bυt іf thеѕе choices fail to give the desired results, then partial replacement mау be the next best remedy left.
Hip Resurfacing Surgery:
Hip Resurfacing is a surgical procedure (a form of arthroplasty) which has been developed as an intervention alternative to total hip replacement (THR). Hip resurfacing is a technique designed to reline rather than replace the worn hip joint. Hip resurfacing creates a bigger hip ball than is generally used in hip replacement, which may reduce the risk of dislocation. Hip resurfacing is intended for younger patients who are not morbidly obese, are clinically qualified for a hip replacement (determined by the doctor), have been diagnosed with non-inflammatory degenerative joint disease, do not have an infection, and are not allergic to the metals used in the implant.
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Surgery:
Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is a new technique of hip replacement introduced in 2001. Instead of making one long incision, the surgeon uses two 2-inch (5 cm) incisions or one 3.5-1/2-inch (9 cm) incision. Using newly-designed smaller implements; the surgeon removes the damaged bone and inserts the parts of the new prosthesis. MIS hip replacement takes only an hour and a half; causes less bleeding and the patient can leave the hospital the following day.
Double Hip Replacement Surgery:
Double Hip Replacement is a very successful procedure for the treatment of Hip Arthritis recommended to patients who suffer from the degenerative joint condition, Osteoarthritis. The purpose of the surgery is to remove the two damaged and worn parts of the hip joint -the hip socket and the ball (femoral head) - and replace them with smooth, artificial implants called prostheses, which will help make the hip strong, stable, and flexible again.
Revision Hip Replacement Surgery:
Revision hip replacement surgery is a procedure to replace a worn out hip replacement implant. This means that part or all of your previous hip replacement needs to be revised. This operation varies from very minor adjustments to massive operations replacing significant amounts of bone and hence is difficult to describe in full. Pain is the primary reason for revision. The surgery varies from a simple liner exchange to changing one or all of the components. Extra bone (cadaver bone) may need to be used to make up for any bone loss.
Revision Hip Replacement Surgery:
Robotic surgery for robotic total hip replacement is one of the most leading surgery techniques in India. With number of advancement in surgery world the surgical procedures are getting less complex and robot-assisted which allows doctors to perform many types of complex techniques with more precision, flexibility and control than is possible with conventional techniques.
Painful hip joint because of arthritis, fractures, injuries or bone tumor is replaced surgically with a robotic hip joint replacement. This artificial joint is made up of metal or plastic components. Robotic hip surgeries are usually more costly than the conventional one’s but Mako Robotic Hip Replacement in India facilitates your surgical approach of choice and its benefits are accessible to a wide range of population. Da Vinci robotic hip surgery is a minimally invasive surgical option for complex hip pain treatment procedures in India. In the minimally-invasive approach, doctors make one to two cuts from 2 to 5 inches long but the standard procedure is followed. However the small cut reduces blood loss, shorten hospital stays, reduce scar appearance and speed healing. In Certain types of joint replacement surgeries, robots can help to improve accuracy which leads to better outcomes for patients.
Go to the Enquiry Form
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
What are the Preparations for Hip Replacement Surgery?
If you have been advised to undergo hip replacement surgery, you must do a lot of preparations prior to this procedure. It is very important that you are in good physical condition before the operation. Your upper body will need all the strength it can get during and especially after this. A date will be scheduled for your surgery.
Several things are necessary to prepare for surgery. For example, your surgeon might ask you to have a physical examination by your primary care physician. This will help to ensure if you have any other health problems, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, will be identified and treated before your important surgery.
What type of Anaesthesia or Sedation is used for Hip Replacement Surgery?
Before your operation, you will receive a general anaesthetic (where you are put to sleep) or a spinal (epidural) anaesthetic plus sedation, so you do not have to lie awake and listen to the operation.
What is the procedure for Hip Replacement Surgery?
Once you have been anaesthetised, the surgeon removes the existing hip joint completely. The upper part of the femur (thigh bone) is removed and the natural socket for the head of the femur is hollowed out.
A plastic or ceramic socket is fitted into the hollow in the pelvis. A short, angled metal shaft with a smooth ball on its upper end (to fit into the socket) is placed into the hollow of the thigh bone. The plastic cup and the artificial bone head may be pressed into place or fixed with acrylic cement.
What Types of Materials are used?
Hip replacement comprises a combination of materials. These generally include cobalt chrome which is a very high-strength hard alloy that is usually used in places where the components are moving one relative to the other. The other metal commonly used is titanium. This is either in a commercially pure form or as an alloy with aluminium and vanadium. The third material utilized in hip replacement arthroplasty is usually ultra high molecular weight polyethylene plastic. Recent improvements, both in the type of plastic used as well as in the processing of the plastic, should result in a reduction in the wear of component inserted currently with those that were inserted 5 to 10 years ago.
What are the Benefits of Hip Replacement Surgery?
Hip replacement surgery offers a number of benefits:
- Effective Treatment: Hip replacement has proved as the most effective treatment for osteoarthritis for countless patients throughout the world.
- Reduce hip pain: Following the initial surgery-related discomfort (which will disappear within a few weeks), you should expect that your hip pain will either be eliminated or significantly reduced.
- Restore lost mobility: As your hip pain subsides, your legs will become stronger with increased use. That means better mobility, less fatigue and easier movements.
- Reliable Surgery: The hip replacement operation is one of the most reliable and well-tested operations in orthopaedic surgery and a consistent outcome is that it reduces or eliminates the pain of the arthritis in patients.
- Improve your overall quality of life: With less pain and greater mobility, you should be able to perform daily tasks more easily and lead a more active, more independent life.
- High rate of Patient satisfaction: High rate of patient satisfaction associated with hip replacement has made this surgery quite popular among surgeons hospitals and patients.
What are the Risks of Hip Replacement Surgery?
All surgeries carry risk and Hip replacement is no different. These risks have to be fully understood by patients and relatives before surgery takes place. Complications specific to Hip replacement surgery include:
- Urinary problems and the need for urinary catheter.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Inadequate pain relief
- Delayed wound healing
What are the post surgery precautions for Hip Replacement Surgery?
The positioning of your hip is very important after hip replacement surgery.
- Make sure the hip never flexes more than 90 degrees. This is most likely to happen when the patient in bed, in a chair or a wheelchair, or on a commode.
- Always keep the operative leg in the neutral position, toes pointing up.
- You should not sit straight up in bed or bring the operative leg up towards your chest.
- Do not rotate your operative leg inwards.
- In the car, lead with the unaffected leg when getting in and out of a car.
- In the bathroom take a shower instead of a bath.
- Never bend over, lift heavy objects, kneel, or sit on low chairs. Any of these movements can cause a dislocation.
- Use a long-handled "reacher" to turn on lights or grab things that are beyond arm's length.
- Work with a physical therapist or other health care professionals to rehabilitate your hip.
These precautions are necessary to prevent dislocation of the operative hip. Your routine activities will be modified to maintain the operative hip in a good position, and these changes will be addressed by your therapist. Continue your hip precautions for the first six weeks after surgery.
How long will I be in the hospital?
Usually, people do not spend more than 3 to 5 days in the hospital after hip replacement surgery. After surgery, you will feel pain in your hip. Pain medication will be given to make you as comfortable as possible.Full recovery from the surgery takes about 3 to 6 months, depending on the type of surgery, your overall health and the success of your rehabilitation.
You may be released from the hospital after hip replacement surgery if your physical therapist and surgeon feel you are comfortable with the following:
- You know all the hip precautions for all your activities
- You are independent in all transfer activities
- You know and are correctly performing your exercise program
- You are able to walk on level surfaces for at least a distance of 100+ feet and climb stairs.
What Types of Exercise Are Most Suitable for Someone With a Hip Replacement Surgery?
Proper exercise can reduce joint pain and stiffness and increase flexibility and muscle strength. People who have an artificial hip should talk to their doctor or physical therapist about developing an appropriate exercise program. Most exercise programs begin with safe range-of-motion activities and muscle strengthening exercises.
The doctor or therapist will decide when the patient can move on to more demanding activities. Many doctors recommend avoiding high-impact activities, such as basketball, jogging, and tennis. These activities can damage the new hip or cause loosening of its parts. Some recommended exercises are cross-country skiing, swimming, walking, and stationary bicycling. These exercises can increase muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness without injuring the new hip.
What are the alternatives to Hip Replacement Surgery?
While hip replacement can be helpful under the right circumstances, you should only consider it after a discussion of the risks, benefits, and alternatives with a healthcare provider.
- Nonsurgical treatment — Nonsurgical treatment methods are initially recommended for people with hip problems due to osteoarthritis or other conditions. Nonsurgical treatments for people with osteoarthritis include:
- Weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight
- Physical therapy
- Using an assistive device (such as a cane or walker)
- Taking pain-relieving medications
- Having a glucocorticoid (steroid) injection into the painful joint
- People with inflammatory arthritis (such as rheumatoid arthritis) may benefit from a treatment regimen of antirheumatic or other medications.
- Surgical alternatives — There are a few surgical alternatives to hip replacement. Surgical alternatives to hip replacement, such as hip fusion or osteotomy, may be considered in people who are young, in whom a hip replacement may not be durable enough to last for many years and/or withstand an active lifestyle.
Why should you travel abroad to India for Total Hip Replacement Surgery (THR)?
Orthopedic Surgeons in IndiaThere are three distinct reasons that make India the most favoured and preferred destination for Orthopaedic surgery operative treatment procedures, India’s medical expertise, state-of-the-art technology at par with the best in the world, and the incredible cost-effective health care.
Hip Replacement in India helps patient in their Orthopaedics related treatments by packaging their medical trip to India and it also offers a full complement of surgical as well as physiotherapy services exclusively to International Patients combined with their post - discharge recuperative holidays.
Some of the major cities in India that offer quality hip replacement surgery are :
American Patient Ms. Janet Johnson sharing her Hip Replacement Surgery Experience in India
Ms. Janet Johnson from USA
A few months ago, I had my hip replacement surgery in India by a renowned ortho specialist from the Tour2India4Health Group. I was battling with my own fear and uncertainties for getting the operation done in a distant country. It was just a few phone calls and exchange of mails with them that made me come to India and mainly because the costing was almost half than what quoted to me in my home country. But the team of doctors and nurses connected to this group made everything seem so easy and I was actually able to stay focused on my surgery and was also able to deal with this surgery conveniently.
Hip Replacement Surgery Cost Comparisons: India VS Other Countries (USA, UK, Thailand, & Singapore)
India is the most preferable destination for patients who are looking for low cost hip replacement surgery. The cost of the Hip Replacement Surgery in India is typically a fraction of the cost for the same procedure and care in the US and other developed countries. The cost can vary depending on type of surgery, use of implant and other medical conditions of a patient.
The costs of the Hip Replacement Surgery based on the type of surgery required in various countries in the chart / table are given below. The price comparison is given in USD.
|Type of Hip Replacement Surgery||USA||UK||India||Thailand||Singapore|
|Total Hip Replacement Surgery||$40,000||$35,000||$6,000||$7,500||$9,000|
|Partial Hip Replacement Surgery||$32,000||$26,000||$6,900||$9,300||$10,500|
|Hip Resurfacing Surgery||$20,000||$16,000||$7,000||$8,500||$10,000|
|Minimal Invasive Hip Replacement Surgery||$45,000||$30,500||$8,200||$10,500||$12,500|
|Revision Hip Replacement Surgery||$42,000||$28,000||$8,250||$11,000||$13,000|
*The price for the Hip Replacement Surgery is an average collected from the 15 best corporate hospitals and 10 Top Orthopedic surgeons of India.
*The final prices offered to the patients is based on their medical reports and is dependent on the current medical condition of the patient, type of room, type of surgery, hospital brand and the surgeon's expertise.
We have worked out special packages of the Hip Replacement Surgery for our Indian and International patients. You can send us your medical reports to avail the benefits of these special packages.
You would be provided with 3 TOP RECOMMENDED SURGEONS / HOSPITALS FOR YOUR HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY in India.CLICK HERE
How many International Hip Replacement Surgery patients came to India?
The list of TOP 15 countries from where the Hip Replacement Surgery patients travelling to India is given below.
The major reason of large number of patients travelling to India for hip replacement treatment from these countries is because of availability of top hip replacement surgery hospitals in India, affordable prices strategic connectivity, food, zero language barrier and many other reasons.
The maximum number of patients for Hip Replacement Surgery come from – USA, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Afghanistan, Oman, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kenya, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Mauritius, Saudi Arabia, Sudan.
Here are the approximate percentage wise distributions of the patients coming from Top 15 countries to India in 2017 for Hip Replacement Surgery.
- You can contact us and share your medical reports with us.
- Our International Patient Executive would connect with you and answer all that you need to plan your Hip Replacement Surgery in India.
- We would provide you with Top Recommendations and assist your with the surgery planning.
Why plan Knee Replacement Surgery in India with Tour2india4health Group?
Tour2india4health Group is one of the leading medical value provider companies in India providing knee replacement surgery in India. You just have to send us a query regarding knee replacement surgery and within 24 hours an assistant will contact you for further details and interaction. From that point everything will be taken care of by that assistant, like arranging VISA, accommodation, appointment with the doctor with round the clock services to make your medical tour hassle free. We provide well qualified and professional doctors, surgeons, physicians, and medical staff who aid you in recovery from your ailment and ensure a safe and healthy journey back home.
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
How long will my Hip implant survive?
Hip Replacements are healthy options but not as reliable as your real hips. However, abiding by doctor’s advice and right exercise can give enough longevity to the implants, to over 15 years.
I am diabetic. Can I have the Hip Replacement operation?
Diabetes may trigger reaction to certain drugs given during Hip Replacement Surgery and need more attention. With the risks involved, consult our healthcare team to know more about the chances.
When can the patient stand up after a Hip Replacement?
Take it easy for the first few days, but its good to revive some activities to offset anesthesia and avoid blood clotting. Your physical therapist and surgeon feel will guide you to a new routine to get you habituated with new physical aspects.
How long will I have to use crutches or walking aids?
Yes. You will need a walker, a cane or crutches until your muscle strength returns after surgery. Your equipment needs will be determined by the physical therapist.
Will I be able to sleep on both sides?
It is better to keep your operated leg in neutral position after Hip Replacement Surgery for long term Benefits. Try sleeping on your back. Ask our medical expert about your peculiar condition if you can’t sleep in the same position all night.
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
Click icon to Download Document
Go to the Enquiry Form
Phone Numbers Reach Us
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Our Country Specific Services
- Surgery For Kenya Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Nigerians Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Tanzanian Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Ethiopian Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Congolese Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Australian Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For New Zealand Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Canada Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Bangladeshi Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Nepal Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Afghanistan Patients Please Click Here
- Surgery For Uzbekistan Patients Please Click Here
Hip Replacement Surgery India, Hip Replacement Cost in India, Hip Replacement Surgery, Hip Replacement Cost, Advances in Hip Replacement Surgery India, New Advances in Hip Replacement Surgery India, Hip Replacement Hospital India, Hip Surgery, Total hip replacement surgery, hip joint replacement surgery centre India, best hip operation hospitals India, Top hip implants Surgeons India, hip arthroplasty doctors Delhi, total hip arthroplasty surgery cost, hip cost resurfacing Orthopedic surgeon Mumbai, hip prosthesis surgery at best hospital India, bilateral hip replacement, joint hip replacement cost, hip arthritis treatment cost, hip fracture surgery, hip joint surgery, hip ball replacement, complete hip replacement, broken hip surgery India, hip transplant cost in Delhi, artificial hip joint,