Rhinoplasty Surgery in India
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty also referred to as nose surgery, is one of cosmetic surgery procedures that can shorten or lengthen the nose, change its shape or contour, narrow nostrils, or lift and define the tip. It is also used to correct structural deformitiesí that cause breathing problems. It is a reshaping of the cartilage, bone and sometimes the soft tissues of the nose. Rhinoplasty can modify bone, cartilage or both.
Who is an ideal candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a procedure for people looking for change in their looks thatís related to the noseís structure. A good candidate for nose-reshaping cosmetic surgery may:
- Have a nose that he or she feels is too large or too small in comparison with other facial features
- Have a bump on the bridge of the nose
- Have a wide nose
- Have a nasal tip that droops, protrudes, or is enlarged
- Have a bulbous tip
- Have nostrils that are excessively flared or pinched
- Have a nose that is crooked or off-center
- Have been injured so that the nose is asymmetrical
- Have problems breathing due to irregularities with internal nose structure
What are the Preparations needed for Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure but should not be taken lightly. A person opting for a nose job should follow several steps in the weeks and days prior to the surgery to ensure that they get the best results and speediest recovery possible. The information below is a useful guide, but all patients should talk with their doctors accordingly for best results.
- The first major step in getting a nose job is consulting a surgeon is very important for ensuring that both of you are on the same page concerning your goals and what you can realistically expect.
- Doctor may ask you to take pictures to design and structure the procedure suitable for you to discuss with you the most favorable option. So that you can explain your ideal appearance to the doctor.
- Be sure to tell your surgeon if you've had any previous nose surgery or an injury to your nose, even if it was many years ago. You should also inform your surgeon if you have any allergies or breathing difficulties.
- Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications (your doctor can provide you with a list of OTC medications to avoid)
- Set up home recovery area: lots of pillows, books, magazines, journal, stationery, T.V., remote control, videos, favorite CDs, humidifier, nasal spray, hot water bottles/heating pads, bucket with lid in case of vomiting
How is Rhinoplasty Procedure Performed?
Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure performed under general anesthesia. There are mainly two types of Rhinoplasty procedure, open Rhinoplasty and closed Rhinoplasty. Both the procedures have some advantages and disadvantages to be considered.
Using the open Rhinoplasty
technique, a surgeon makes an additional incision on the columella (an area outside the nose between the nostrils) and certain incisions inside the nose, just like during the closed technique. Then, a plastic surgeon lifts the nasal skin carefully back in order to be able to work on the cartilage and other tissues inside the nose. Open Rhinoplasty is used mainly in more complicated cases. When healed, the incision leaves a very small, almost unnoticeable scar on the underside of the nose. Despite this drawback, some surgeons feel that the open nose job procedure is the best option in many cases.
During the closed Rhinoplasty procedure, a surgeon makes several incisions inside the nostrils, without getting outside the nose. For many patients, the closed Rhinoplasty procedure offers all of the traditional nose job benefits without the risk of external scarring. Incisions in this operation are made inside the nostril, where they will be completely invisible after healing. While it may not offer quite as much freedom to the surgeon, the closed Rhinoplasty surgery still allows plenty of reshaping possibilities. In other instances, the surgeon may decide that an artificial implant is the best way to give the patient the nose appearance he or she desires.
How is Recovery after Rhinoplasty?
- After the Rhinoplasty surgery, follow your doctorís instructions carefully. Your nose and eye area will be swollen and bruised. They may be achy and your face may feel puffy.
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping to minimize swelling. Eat a healthy diet to speed healing and avoid any activity that requires bending or lifting.
- Take the time to ensure that your nose properly heals. The nose is delicate and you will greatly reduce your chance of complications and secondary surgery by following your doctor's advice carefully.
- A good diet helps the healing process. Start your recovery with a mild liquid diet (water, juice, soup or broth). It's important that your stomach is settled before you resume normal eating and drinking. Vomiting can interfere with your recovery and healing time.
- Although the final result will be apparent in about 2 weeks, small changes may continue to occur over the next 6-12 months. The final outcome depends upon your age, skin type, and healing ability.
What are the Advantages of Rhinoplasty?
- The benefits of Rhinoplasty are sometimes more of a psychological nature, involving emotional and social adjustment, especially in the case of teenagers.
- Rhinoplasty can drastically alter the appearance of the face by subtly changing different characteristics of the nose. It can change the shape of the tip or the bridge, narrow or widen the span of the nostrils, or change the angle between the nose and upper lip.
- For patients with difficulty breathing or particularly narrow nasal passages, Rhinoplasty can alleviate a great deal of suffering by opening the passages to allow for easier breathing.
- For people born with asymmetrical nose shape, cartilage deviation, or other birth defects of the nose, Rhinoplasty can alleviate symptoms that may affect the entire circulatory system.
- One of the most noticeable benefits of procedure is increased self-confidence. Aspects of the nose which before made you feel uncomfortable or self conscious are removed and a happier more comfortable body image is the final result. Feeling more attractive helps makes you feel more self-assured and think and feel more positively about yourself.
What are the Risk factors and Complications of Rhinoplasty?
There are risks associated with most of the surgeries. Most of them are usual and, if you're considering Rhinoplasty, you should at least get ready for these experiences.
- Discoloration, bruises, redness;
- Slow healing (smoking slows healing very intensively);
Patients donít have to worry as the percentage of complex complications is very low.
What is the Alternative to Rhinoplasty?
If there is a problem with breathing through the nose doctors can help by offering the steam-heat procedures or procedures that contains cream therapy. If patient wants to change the appearance of the nose the rhinoplasty is necessary Ė even face massage is helpless in this case. The other way would be to work on other aspects of the face to improve proportion.
Why consider India for Rhinoplasty?
India is a leading player in the medical tourist/healthcare Facilitation industry. It is increasingly emerging as the destination of choice for a wide range of medical procedures. There are numerous advantages of going to India for treatment. Some of the advantages of going to India for medical treatment are:
- Internationally accredited medical facilities using the latest technologies
- Highly qualified Physicians/Surgeons and hospital support staff
- Significant cost savings compared to domestic private healthcare
- Medical treatment costs in India are lower by at least 60-80% when compared to similar procedures in North America and the UK
- No Wait Lists
- Fluent English speaking staff
- Options for private room, translator, private chef, dedicated staff during your stay and many other tailor-made services
- Can easily be combined with a holiday / business trip
Post Rhinoplasty patients can visit tourist locations as India has got the best tourist destinations to visit where many international tourists visit every year. Cities like Goa, Kerala and Rajasthan are the best places to visit. You can go for Rhinoplasty procedure in following cities:
What is the Cost of Rhinoplasty?
The cost of the Rhinoplasty in India is much lower in comparison to other countries. Low cost is not the only criteria, patient looks for a quality output with low cost. India is proving to be much beneficial for such patients as the cost of the treatment is low without compromising the quality.
In USA the cost of Rhinoplasty is around 7300 $, while in India it costs approximately 2900 $.
How to Consult Tour2india4health Group for Rhinoplasty Surgery in India?
To have a free consultation with Tour2india4health Group regarding Rhinoplasty in India, you just have to send us a query regarding your treatment and within 24 hours an assistant will contact you for further details and interaction. From that point you donít have to worry about anything. That assistant will take care of all your proceedings like arranging VISA, accommodation, appointment with the doctor with round the clock services to make your medical tour hassle free.
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are: