Liposuction Surgery in India
Liposuction is a technique that improves the body's contour by removing excess fat from deposits located between the skin and muscle. Simply put, liposuction is the surgical removal of fat cells through a stainless steel suction tube called a cannula. Liposuction was first performed in 1974 and was a tremendous improvement over previous surgical body contouring techniques. There have been many advances in liposuction procedures over the last few decades, making it one of the safest and most popular body contouring surgeries in the world.
Candidate for Liposuction Surgery:
The best candidates for liposuction:
- Are in good health
- Are within 25 lbs. of his or her ideal weight
- Bothered by these fatty areas, and is motivated to get rid of these problem areas once and for all
- Have had no previous surgery in the area where liposuction is desired
- Have firm, elastic skin
- Do not have frequent fluctuations in weight
- Desire reshaping and not weight loss
- Do not have significant medical problems such as diabetes, heart or lung disease, or poor circulation
- Are psychologically stable
- Do not smoke
- Are accepting of any limitations, as discussed with surgeon.
- Are well informed about the procedure
- Hold realistic expectations about the outcome
- Exercises regularly
The above is only a partial list of the criteria that your surgeon will consider in determining whether or not this procedure is appropriate for you. Be sure to discuss the procedure thoroughly with your doctor prior to the procedure.
Liposuction Surgery Areas:
Liposuction can be performed in following areas of the body:
- Outer thighs (saddlebags)
- Flanks (love handles)
- Inner thighs
- Inner knees
- Upper arms
- Submental (chin)
- Gynecomastia (male breast tissue)
Liposuction Surgery Preparation:
Your surgeon will discuss how to prepare for your operation.
- If you smoke, you may be asked to quit, as smoking will increase your risk of getting a chest or wound infection and slow your recovery.
- If you're having a general anaesthetic, you will be asked to follow fasting instructions. Typically, you must not eat or drink for about six hours before a general anaesthetic
- Local anaesthetic injections might be an option if you're only having a small area treated.
- Your surgeon will usually visit you to discuss the operation and ask you to sign a consent form. This confirms that you understand the risks, benefits and possible alternatives to the procedure and have given your permission for it to go ahead.
Types of Liposuction Surgery Procedure:
There are various procedures for doing liposuction. Liposuction patients should be aware of the various types of liposuction that are currently available so they can make an educated decision when choosing their surgeon and treatment plan.
- Traditional liposuction: Traditional liposuction involves the creation of an incision in the treatment area. A cannula (the fat suctioning device) is inserted into the body through the incision and manipulated by the plastic surgeon to suck excess fat out of the target area.
- Tumescent liposuction: The tumescent technique involves injections of a solution that anesthetizes the treatment area (to prevent pain), causes fat to swell up (so it is easier to suction out), and shrinks the blood vessels (to reduce bleeding).
- Ultrasonic liposuction: The ultrasonic liposuction procedure uses a specialized cannula that emits ultrasonic sound waves into fat deposits to emulsify fat and make it easier to remove.
- Power assisted liposuction: The power assisted liposuction, or PAL, procedure employs use of a cannula that has a vibrating tip. This breaks up fat cells for easier removal.
- Laser liposuction: Laser liposuction procedures such as CooLipo, SlimLipo, and Smartlipo incorporate use of a cannula that targets laser light at fat deposits to loosen fat cells and make them easier for the surgeon to remove.
- Liposelection: The Liposelection cannula contains a small probe that uses ultrasonic energy to aid in the easy removal of fat.
Recovery after Liposuction Sugery:
- The liposuction recovery is most of the time easy, fast, and without complications. Post surgery you have to take utmost care. This will make the recovery fast.
- Any discomfort or pain can be relieved by painkillers and gentle walking.
- A supportive elastic will be worn day and night for 3 weeks and after that for a further 3 weeks during the day.
- Scars will be small and will fade in time, and you will have follow-up visits in the months after surgery to check on your progress.
Benefits of Liposuction Surgery:
The immediate benefits of liposuction are both physical and mental. It doesn't just change you, but also the way others perceive you. There are many benefits associated with it like
- It will change the clothes you wear and bring you a lasting happiness.
- Improved health, usually associated with fat loss
- You can achieve the exact look that you want, within the limits of the technology and your body type. Most people do get the body curves they've always wanted.
- Your social life will improve drastically, and your sex life will probably get a kick in the pants. These things just come part and parcel with greater self-confidence.
- Mental benefits are often overlooked but they are as important and the physical benefits. Once you achieve the body you want your self-esteem goes up. You not only look better but you feel better about the way you look.
Liposuction Surgery Risks:
Liposuction is generally a safe surgical procedure. Some risks that are associated with liposuction are
- Considerable bruising - this can be painful and can sometimes take more than a month to clear
- Swelling - this may not completely settle for up to six months
The rate of risks associated with liposuction is very low and is minimal if performed by an experienced surgeon.
Liposuction Surgery Alternative:
Substantial progress in the field of body contouring has allowed for new, non-surgical liposuction procedures that offer good results. For patients interested in non-invasive body contouring, doctors have developed a number of liposuction alternatives, including Lipodissolve, mesotherapy, and Thermage.
Liposuction Surgery in India:
- India has become the healthcare hub for international patients as it provides with the latest in medical treatment facilities and best services making it easy and comfortable.
- Indian medical institutes offer gamut of services ranging from general medicine & surgery for many diseases and complications.
- Complete pre departure service including an itinerary, references and contact with past clients, contact with the selected surgeon, pre departure surgery advise and travel information
- The best internationally accredited ISO hospitals in India using imported equipment.
- Medical charges and hospitalization costs are very competitive compared to those in many developed countries. This and the favorable exchange rates make it very affordable.
- Post Liposuction surgery patients can visit the best tourist destinations across India.
Liposuction Surgery Cost in India:
The cost of liposuction surgery in India is much lower than that in any other developed country. International patients visit India for the liposuction as they get it done at low cost which is competitive and reasonable. The cost of liposuction in Thailand and India is given below for comparison. One can use the internet to carry out a research, identify and locate a clinic to obtain cost effective quality liposuction treatment overseas.
Cost in Thailand (US $)
Cost in India (US $)
Liposuction Surgery in India with Tour2india4health Group:
We at Tour2india4health Group place your desire for an improved body shape as our supreme priority, we are proud to offer you the finest liposuction surgery in India. With the advance in medical procedures, the operation is performed in a super hygienic condition by our qualified surgeon team whose aesthetic mastery is widely recognized. The unwanted fat in isolated areas will be safely removed. With good care, the result of the operation can be long-lasting. Liposuction surgery in India is available in the following cities:
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are: