Chin Augmentation in India
A weak chin can also make a normal nose appear large and an already prominent nose seems even larger. It may also give the appearance of a 'fleshy' neck. On the other hand, a too prominent chin may give the appearance of having too small of a nose or otherwise throwing the face off balance. The end result should be a balanced relationship within the structure of the face. Here comes the Chin augmentation in picture, in order to provide the best facial balance. This procedure is quiet popular because itís a relatively easy operation for the patient while producing noticeable changes in the silhouette of the face. This type of surgery is usually performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, otolaryngologist, or plastic surgeon.
What is Chin Augmentation?
Chin augmentation is a common procedure which brings balance to the facial structure by way of correcting a weak chin due to congenital deficiency, age-related bone resorption or facial trauma. Chin augmentation may be achieved by manipulation of the jaw bone (mandible) and augmentation utilizing this technique usually provides a more dramatic correction than with the use of prosthetic implants.
Why Chin Augmentation?
Chin augmentation is usually done to balance the face by making the chin longer or bigger compared to the nose. The best candidates for chin augmentation are people with weak or receding chins (Micronesia), but who have a normal dental bite. Before your surgery, discuss your expectations about looking and feeling better with the plastic surgeon. Keep in mind that the desired result is improvement, not perfection.
How to Prepare for Chin Augmentation?
If you have a chin with proportions that are out of step with the rest of your face, know that the issue may be addressed with chin augmentation.
- Ask your doctor about the materials used in the implant surgery. You'll want to make sure that your implants aren't made with a material to which you are allergic.
- Give your surgeon a full rundown of all herbal supplements, natural supplements, vitamins and medications that you've been taking. Include both prescription and over-the-counter products. It may be best to discontinue some of these items in the weeks leading up to your surgery, and your doctor will be able to let you know which path to take.
- Arrange to have someone take care of you in the 24 to 72 hours following your surgery. Remember, if a crisis situation develops, you may not have the strength to summon help if you're on your own.
- Establish an easy method of summoning your caretaker should you need his help. Purchase a whistle, bell, walkie-talkies or an intercom system.
- Keep an eye on alcohol consumption as you prepare for your procedure. Alcohol is best eliminated in the days leading up to your surgery.
- Consider your telephone setup. Get a telephone with a speaker phone and place it within easy reach of your recovery bed. Turn the ringer off so it won't disturb your sleep.
- Prepare for chin augmentation surgery by purchasing eye drops. After any kind of surgery, the eyes tend to be dry.
- Expect to be able to resume normal activities in about 2 days, after the pressure dressing on your incision has been removed.
What are the different Techniques in Performing a Chin Augmentation?
There may be surgeons who only wish to use a certain implant type or a certain incision. Surgeons would give you a choice. As the updated techniques is less scarring than the previous ones. The doctor may school an oral approach where the only incisions are placed within the mouth area. No visible scar is made and the oral incisions heal much faster. However, oral techniques sometimes are plagued by a higher rate of infection.
- There is also a procedure called a Genioplasty, also referred to as a "sliding Genioplasty" or chin advancement surgery. This surgery is the use of a bone saw to trim a piece off the bottom of the chin and "sliding" it forward and then fastening it with titanium screws. Metal plates may also be used as well. Although a rarity, bone infection becomes a risk.
- Additionally, there is the use of injectable Hydroxylapatite (HA, processed coral) paste. It should be performed over a course of a few months and the look is gradual and a long process. Some surgeons inject a lot of it at once but once advised that this is still a newer application for cosmetic reasons and reportedly the paste is still "moldable" for a few days. There is no osteoinduction (bone incorporation) as it is not porous but there are reports of absorption.
- Check with your doctor on the preferred technique that he utilizes. He may very well prefer the traditional methods out of not being aware of the newer ones or he may very well offer only the newer ones, with the thought that the older techniques are "out of date". This subject varies with surgeon to surgeon.
What is the Procedure of Chin Augmentation?
Plastic surgeons use implants to emphasize your face. The implants will create a harmonic appearance of your face allowing you to feel better about yourself. There are many types of implants made of different material. They can emphasize the jaw line, the checks and create better proportions between the chin and the checks. The surgeons use implants to achieve a better balance and create a younger look. Chin augmentation also called Meatoplasty. The operation aimed to shape the chin by making it smaller or bigger. A larger chin can be created by an implant insertion or by surgery, which elongates the lower jaw. Smaller chin is made by reducing the size of the lower jaw. In many cases the surgeon will recommend Meatoplasty for patients undergoing nose surgery in order to fit the new nose to the face, creating more harmonic appearance. When looked from the side the nose size should fit the chin.
The implant insertion may last from 30 minutes to one hour. The surgeon will design the implant that fits your chin and then inserted it to a "pocket" located in front of the chin. A small cut for the insertion can be made inside the mouse near the lower lip or from the outside just below the chin. After the procedure the chin is bandaged using plasters to prevent swelling and implant movement. Bandages also help prevent uncomfortable felling. The stitches can be removed after 5-7 days. In case the cut is made inside the mouse melting stitches are used and there is no need to remove them. The surgery can be done using local anesthetics with sedative drugs and sometimes with general anesthesia. Every operation has its risks. The implant may move from the original place. Then you need to undergo additional procedure to replace it.
Infection is rare, it can be treated with antibiotics and in some cases the infected implant will be removed and replaced by another one. After the surgery there is a strange felling around the chin. It is normal to fell difficulties in talking, smiling and eating. There may be blue marks around the chin and neck. It is advisable not to participate in activities which may harm the chin. The surgeon will guide you regarding dental hygiene and eating. The final results may take weeks and even month to notice, therefore you must be patient.
What to Expect after Chin Augmentation?
Although, there is normally no extensive pain related to chin implantation, pain medication is prescribed beforehand. Your surgeon may also prescribe pharmaceutical grade Arnica Montana to reduce swelling and bruising. You may feel a degree of numbness that should disappear within 1-3 months. You may continue to wear a support brace while you sleep to allow your tissues and implant to heal in the desired position and prevent shifting in the first few weeks. Don't be alarmed at the presence of bruising and swelling. The swelling will begin to disappear within the first 5-7 days. Many patients return to work with the help of camouflaging cosmetics at about 5 days post-op. The swelling resembles inflammation of wisdom teeth or their removal and sometimes this excuse is used at "the office". Although please realize that the swelling may be apparent for months and the defined, chiseled look that you so desire may not become evident for quite a while.
What is the Recovery time following Chin Augmentation?
Chin augmentation recovery time varies based on whether the implant procedure was performed alone or in conjunction with other procedures. If you had just the chin implant, you should feel fine the day of the surgery, although your surgeon will probably advise you to take it easy. You may have mild soreness in the chin area and some swelling. The chin area may feel tight due to the increased volume provided by the implant, and the body's swelling response. If the pain is more than mild, your surgeon may prescribe pain medicine or advise you on OTC painkillers. The pain medicines are usually needed, if at all, for only a few days. As a preventive step, your surgeon may prescribe an antibiotic to prevent infection. Your surgeon may advise you to keep your head elevated to minimize the swelling, which is temporary.
Plan to do only light activities the day of the surgery, asking your surgeon for specifics on how and when to resume your usual activities. In general, return to work and other normal activity can occur within a week. If complications such as infection occur, of course, it could take longer. If the incision was done through the mouth, you may have to eat a bland, soft diet for a few days to give the gums time to heal. You may be told to rinse your mouth after eating to keep debris off the sutures. The sutures in the mouth typically self-dissolve in one or two weeks. Your surgeon may recommend you rinse with salt water, mouth wash or prescription mouthwash following chin surgery. There will be no visible scarring if the chin implant is placed via an incision in your mouth. There may be a very small scar if the implant is placed via an incision under your chin.
What are the Benefits of Chin Augmentation?
The results are immediate, although you may think that the implant is too big at first glance. Give your mind time to recognize the difference in swelling and augmentation. Most patients are very satisfied with the augmentation results. Remember this key: men sometimes think their chin after augmentation is too small where women tend to think their chin post-operatively is too large and pronounced. The benefits can be summed in the following ways:
- Can balance a weak or receding chin
- Can make your nose seem less large
- Provides a more balance facial feature
What are the Risks of Chin Augmentation?
The most common complications of chin augmentation are: Bruising Movement of the implant swelling, other possible complications include: damage to the teeth loss of sensation and rare side effects include; blood clots Infection
What are the Alternatives to Chin Augmentation?
There are other options aside from chin augmentation, it would be worthwhile to look into these and assess the pros and cons of all the options available to you. For example orthodontics, fat re-sculpting or injected fillers can produce similar results to chin implants and might be less invasive or extreme. Generally speaking chin augmentation is a good long-term permanent solution to a receding chin and will give you the best lasting effects. The surgeon may discuss alternative approaches to the chin augmentation procedure. Liposuction of the neck and chin may remove enough excess fat to redefine the chin or neckline. Orthodontics can treat misaligned teeth which are often the root cause of a recessed jaw.
Why Chin Augmentation in India?
Chin augmentation surgery in India happens to be the most cost savings and high quality solution for global patients looking for cosmetic change. The advance Indian cosmetic clinics and medical centres are well equipped with ultra modern equipments and have excellent standards of hygiene and dedicated consultants and renowned cosmetic surgeons with massive experience in dealing both India and abroad.
Chin augmentation surgery in India comes with advanced cosmetic protocols and is delivered using modern facilities, sterile techniques and products meeting international standards which are designed for comfort and efficiency as evident in developed nations through expert cosmetic care to foreign patients.
Chin Augmentation surgery in India is done at medical centers that Since India is also a country of fascinating cultures and beautiful places; it is also one of the most favorable tourist destinations in the world. Medication combined with tourism has become a natural choice for foreign patients coming to India. These hospitals are available in the following Indian cities:
What is the Cost of Chin Augmentation in India?
Cost advantage is a major selling point for Chin Augmentation in India. The slogan, thus is, "First World treatment' at Third World prices". The cost differential across the board is huge: only a tenth and sometimes even a sixteenth of the cost in the West. Thus this plays a vital role in attracting a sea of foreign patients all across the world to India. The following figure indicates the cost of certain treatments in US and India, which can give you a fair idea of the cost difference.
USA (in USD)
India (in USD)
Cost of Otoplasty Surgery in India:
- One of the most common plastic surgery procedures for children is ear surgery, or otoplasty. Otoplasty is broad term for several types of ear deformities, and each type has a different cost.
- Otoplasty surgery in India is one of the best available medical procedures for the international as well as Indian patients seeking to enhance their beauty at a very less cost.
- The cost of Otoplasty (Ear) Cosmetic Surgery is very affordable in India and costs are much lower when compared to the United States, UK and other countries.
- Most Important Reason to do so is that the cost of the Otoplasty Surgery is very low in India-almost 20% of the cost of what one would pay in USA, Canada or UK.
Medical tourism in India is making continuous efforts to help foreign patients receive world-class medical treatments at considerably lower costs and in almost zero waiting periods. Modern implant technologies have made the breast implant procedure much safer. Clubbing your surgery with a tour to some of the best natural and historic places in India will make your trip a memorable one. Staying at a five star hotel or resort at some of the best places in Goa and Kerala will help you in quick recovery and the person accompanying you will also have great time too in India.
Cost of Breast Implant Surgery in India;
Breast implant surgery is very safe nowadays. Breast Implant is a type of cosmetic surgery that is used to alter the shape and size of woman's breasts. Since breast implants fall under category of cosmetic surgery, the surgery is way too expensive for many people staying in western or European countries. And that is why women opt for their breast implant surgery in India where costs for getting breast implants done are very cheap as compared to costs in other countries.
The costs that may arise in this surgery vary widely. However the total cost that include -- surgeon fees, lab fees, anesthesia fees, operation charges, prescribed medicines, cost of implant itself, etc. The cost comparison of Breast implant surgery in India and USA is as follows;
|Minimum Cost of Breast Implant (approximately)
|Maximum Cost of Breast Implant (approximately)
|Average Cost of Breast Implant (approximately)
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
| Copyright © 2015 www.tour2india4health.com All Rights Reserved.