Cyberknife Treatment in India at Affordable Cost
Plan your Cyberknife Treatment in India with Tour2India4Health Consultants
Tour2India4Health is #1 Medical Value Provider in India offering the best Cyberknife Treatment. All you have to do is send us your query, an assistant will contact you within 24 hours for interaction. The rest will be taken care of, so you only have to sit back and relax!
How things function at Tour2India4Health Group:
- Primary formalities - Arranging visas, accommodation, appointment with top Neurological Surgeon by Tour2India4Health Team.
- Professionalism - Utmost care taken in selecting best suitable surgery by best of the medical fraternity, ensuring fast recovery.
- No compromising with the best - Treatment by Internationally Accredited Surgeons.
- Special packages - Find Cyberknife Treatment options at the best hospitals from the best doctors that suit your budget so you don't have to put your health at stake.
- Surgical services - Arrangement of transportation, pre-surgery tests, medications, stay options for kin, health food as prescribed by attending doctors.
- Other vital services - Quick visa letter, flight ticket bookings, languagtors, foreign exchange facility, hotel arrangement.
Internation Patient Experience:
Mrs. Babarinde, Nigeria
Cyberknife Treatment India
I am from Nigeria. I was facing many problems before the surgery, like weak legs, terrible headaches. I always felt drowsy due to which I was not able to balance and walk properly and fainted many a times. I came to know about Tour2India4Health consultants and contacted them. Following the easy, trouble-free procedure, I reached Bangalore for my Cyberknife and got the best possible treatment. After the surgery, I am cured and living happily, thanks to the doctors in India and especially to Tour2India4Health Consultants.
What is Cyberknife treatment for?
Cyberknife treatment ranks among the latest cancer treatment procedures. It has opened up a new dimension and revolutionary approach in the field of stereotactic radio surgery for the cure of various types of cancers. Cyberknife is an all total outpatient and non-invasive treatment procedures in which the tumors are destroyed through radiation. One of the main benefits of the treatment is that there are no side effects and risks of post surgery like other conventional surgical procedures. Radiation can be given to any part of the body very effectively.
The history began in 1987 when John R. Adler, M.D., professor of neurosurgery and radiation oncology at Stanford University Medical Center, developed the Cyberknife System after completing a fellowship in Sweden with Lars Leksell, MD, the founder of radio surgery. With the Cyberknife System, Adler’s vision was to develop a non-invasive robotic radio surgery system with superior accuracy for treatment of tumors anywhere in the body. The revolutionary concept reached far beyond the practice of radio surgery at the time, which restricted radio surgery to the treatment of intracranial tumors.
Since the launch of the Cyberknife System, accuray has undertaken an aggressive strategy to develop system enhancements that facilitate clinicians’ the ability to treat tumors anywhere in the body with the highest levels of accuracy. Currently, Accuray has installed more than 150 Cyberknife Systems worldwide and a large body of peer-reviewed papers supports its clinical practice. Accuray is committed not only to continuing its tradition of advancing the field of robotic radio surgery, but also to provide its customers with the highest level of support in their ongoing efforts to fight cancer.
How is Cyberknife different from other Stereotactic Radiosurgery Systems?
- The Cyberknife, like other stereotactic radio surgery systems, uses a linear accelerator (beam source) and image guidance.
- Unlike some other systems, Cyberknife image guidance is repeated throughout treatment delivery in order to compensate in real time for small changes in patient or tumor position, which is especially helpful for tumors that move with breathing.
- In addition, the Cyberknife utilizes a robotic arm that gives the system flexibility to reach areas of the body that are unreachable by other radio surgery systems.
- The Cyberknife system is able to locate tumors within the body without the use of an invasive stereotactic frame used with other systems. This is much more convenient and less traumatic for patients.
What disorders are treated with Cyberknife?
The following conditions can be successfully treated with the Cyberknife:
- Spine tumors
- Brain tumors
- Lung cancers
- Metastatic cancers — or cancers that have spread — to the brain, lung and spine
- Pancreatic cancers
- Prostate cancer for adults
- Other lesions, tumors and conditions in the body where radiation treatment is indicated
Best Hospitals for Cyberknife Treatment in India
The best hospitals for Cyberknife treatment in India treats the tumors anywhere in the body. It is breakthough technology and a non-invasive alternative to perform surgery to treat the inoperable tumors. Our hospitals are located at Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Noida, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur and Kerala.
What are the preparations for Cyberknife treatment?
Preparations work is often done prior to the scheduled Cyberknife treatment procedure.
Making a Mask or Body Mold
A mask (for treating brain tumors) or a body mold will be made and used to minimize patient movement during the treatment. The process is simple and painless.
A CT Scan will be taken prior to the Cyberknife treatment procedure. The surgeon and radiation oncologist will use the scan to identify the exact size, shape and location of the tumor to be targeted along with the surrounding vital structures that need to be avoided.
- Once the CT scan is performed and the results are studied, physicians will use the Cyberknife system's advanced software to determine the amount, intensity and direction of the radiation beams the root will deliver to the target. The system is very careful to ensure that a sufficient dose is administered to destroy the tumor without damaging the adjacent normal tissue.
- Physicians have the option to choose forward or Inverse Treatment Planning, depending on each patient's unique situation, including tumor location and proximity to critical structures.
What are the steps in the CyberKnife treatment process?
- During Cyberknife treatment procedure, the patient is fitted with the custom plastic mask (for cranial tumors) or body cradle (for spinal tumors/lesions or other extra cranial tumors such as lung or pancreas) and lies on the treatment table.
- Prior to beginning of the actual radiation treatment, the imaging system acquires x-ray image of the patient position. This information, compared with the information gathered from the CT scan, is used to move the linear accelerator to the appropriate position by the robot.
- This process is repeated at 50 to 200 different positions around the patient to complete the treatment. At various intervals, the robot stops and additional x-ray images are obtained, thereby allowing the Cyberknife to track and compensate for small amounts of patient movement.
- The entire process is painless, and it typically takes between 30 to 60 minutes to deliver all radiation beams for cranial treatments. Most typically a patient can go home immediately upon completion and return to normal activities. If the treatment prescription is for staged (fractionated) radio surgery, the patient will have to go for a separate visit and repeat the above process for treatment delivery.
What are the advantages of Cyberknife treatment?
Cyberknife treatment is preferred over other invasive surgical methods since it consists of minimal complications. Apart from this, there are other advantages which are -
- Extremely accurate radiation targeting means higher doses of radiation can be used, offering the patient a better chance for cure
- Treats hard-to-reach tumors, many that may have been diagnosed as inoperable
- Tumors receive radiation from many angles, minimizing damage to healthy tissues
- Continually checks and compensates for any movement you make during treatments, ensuring accuracy
- Requires no metal head frame or skull pins
- Eliminates risks related to surgery, including potential infection, complication from anesthesia and post-operative bleeding
- Requires no recovery time. Most treatments are done on an outpatient basis
- Patients undergo their treatment and immediately resume normal daily activities
- Reduces pain
- Requires no or minimal sedation
When the Cyberknife treatment follow-up to be done?
After the radio surgery treatment, follow-up with MRI are usually done in 3 to 6 months. The physicians will explain to the patients such procedure at the end of the treatment.
What risks are there in the Cyberknife treatment?
Because the Cyberknife system is non-invasive, there are lower risks of complications when compared to other treatment options, including a lower risk of infections, lower risk of hemorrhage/severe blood loss, decreased risk of hearing loss, and decreased risk of alteration in feeling to the extremities.
Why do Cyberknife treatment in India?
India has been offering Cyberknife treatment for almost four years now. So, that makes India the most experienced Cyberknife center in Asia, which also means that as there will be a good number of patients who have received Cyberknife treatment, you can talk to them about their experiences.
The other benefits of Cyberknife treatment in India are that there are no waiting lines and as there are little or no side-effects, you can also treat yourself with a lovely vacation in multi-cultural India.
Medical tourists from the U.S., U.K., Middle East, and other parts of Europe can benefit from quality Cyberknife radio surgery in India. This is because India offers:
- Modern, hygienic hospital with 5-star facilities and US Joint Commission International Accreditation.
- Internationally qualified, English-speaking surgeons and specialists.
- The latest advanced medical equipment and techniques.
- Medical staff, among whom, many have trained and gained experience from the U.S.
- Excellent patient care and a special department for international patients.
- Not too far or too expensive to travel.
Cyberknife treatment in India is available in following cities;
What is the cost of Cyberknife treatment in India?
- Cyberknife treatment costs will vary for patient to patient and between centers, but hospital, accommodation and associated expenses are generally much lower than with conventional surgery.
- Cost of Cyberknife treatment will depend on geographical location as well as the type and location of the tumor being treated.
- Costs will also depend on the number of sessions necessary to treat the tumor. Patients in the United States can expect to pay between $50,000 to $100,000 for Cyberknife treatment, which may or may not include follow-up visits and hospitalization costs.
- Patients traveling to India save 60% to 80% of the cost than that offered in US and UK.
Why do Cyberknife treatment in India with Tour2india4health Group?
Tour2india4health Group provides comprehensive medical services to international patients for Cyberknife treatment in India at low cost. The patient just has to send a detailed query about the Cyberknife treatment and his/her conditions and soon he/she will be contacted by and Tour2india4health Group assistant. That assistant will answer to his query in detail and guide him about the rest of the procedures to get the treatment done in India.
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
FAQ - CyberKnife Treatment